Heavy Rains can cause Flash Flooding
We respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
The Midwest has experienced some severe weather events that have caused significant damage to homes and commercial properties in our area. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is trained and certified to restore storm damage by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Heavy rains can cause flash flooding, so it is a good idea to know what to do when faced with a flash flood situation. Here are some flash flood safety tips from the National Weather Service:
- During periods of heavy rains, stay away from flood-prone areas such as stream beds, drainage ditches, and culverts
- Move to higher ground if flooding threatens your area
- If you live or work in flood-prone areas, remain alert during periods of heavy rain
- Be especially cautious at night as it is harder to recognize flood dangers
- Never drive your car into water of unknown depth. Most flash flood deaths occur when people drive their vehicles into flood waters. Remember: Turn Around Don’t Drown!
- If your vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Flood water may rise quickly, cover the vehicle, and sweep it away.
- Stay out of flooded areas. The water may still be rising and very swift. A rapidly flowing stream can sweep you off your feet and sweep your vehicle downstream.
Call Us Today!
If your home or commercial business has experienced flooding damage, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 630-384-1040.
SERVPRO can Help with a Chemical Spill
We respond to chemical and biohazard emergencies 24-hours a day.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is trained and certified to clean and restore chemical spills and biohazards. Wheaton residents and businesses can rely on us to arrive quickly and immediately begin the cleanup process.
Along with the cleanup and safe removal of chemical spills, we offer a full range of biohazard cleaning services, including:
- Chemical spills
- Sewage backups
- Crime scene residues
- Suicide/death accidents
- Homicide cleanups
- Blood cleanup
- Accident cleanup
- Hoarding scenes
- Animal waste/remains
- Tear gas cleanup
The safe decontamination of a home or business after any form of chemical or biohazard exposure is critical. Our technicians are trained and certified to mitigate these kinds of dangerous situations. Here are some tips from our website on what to do after a contamination:
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated
- Turn off the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system if there is sewage damage
Call Us Today!
When you need help cleaning up a chemical spill, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is available to help. Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to respond to chemical and biohazard damage emergencies. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Safety Tips for Patio Heaters
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle responds to commercial fire damage emergencies throughout the year. More businesses are using propane heaters to keep customers and employees warm on chilly days and nights. Here is some information from the National Fire Protection Association for using outdoor propane heaters safely:
Propane Patio Heaters
For patio heaters that use integral LP-Gas containers with a capacity greater than 1.08 lb. (0.49 kg), NFPA 1 requires that the heaters be listed by an organization acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
Propane heaters need to be used in accordance with their listing and manufacturer instructions. Prior to using a propane heater, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for information such as the following:
- Necessary clearances from the heating element
- Proper ventilation required
- Proper inspection, cleaning, and maintenance procedures
- Lighting and shutdown procedures
- Where the heater can and cannot be used (for example, heaters cannot be used in enclosed locations)
- Procedures for properly storing heaters
The restrictions for using propane heaters are also based on the occupancy in which they are used. For example, in assembly occupancies, such as restaurants with 50 or more occupants, heaters cannot be located within 5 ft (1.5 m) of the exits. Regardless of where they are used, if a heater uses propane hoses, they must be as short as possible, visible, and protected from damage.
Call Us Today!
When your Wheaton home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Mold Remediation Process - SERVPRO
When you discover mold, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can help!
When you discover mold growing in your Wheaton home or commercial business, fast action is required to mitigate the damage before the mold can spread to other areas in the home or workplace. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can mitigate the mold damage and the mold remediation process usually follows the steps below:
Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
Identifying and addressing the source of the moisture that is causing the mold growth. This step usually involves the use of various technologies to detect mold growth and water sources that may be hidden. We follow local and state laws regarding inspection and documentation based on your unique situation.
We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to prevent mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while mold remediation is in process.
Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
We use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. We remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials when remediating heavy mold growth.
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. We also remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet, or it may require the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Call Us Today!
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
After the fire has been extinguished, we are often the next team to arrive on the scene. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has a team of highly trained fire restoration technicians ready to help.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Using the right tools and cleaning methods are key to quickly and efficiently restoring fire damage. Our professionals are trained to know the different types of smoke and their behavior patterns.
- Wet Smoke – Plastics and Synthetics; Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood; Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, non-smeary residues.
- Protein – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs.
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue
We examine all items prior to cleaning to determine the appropriate cleaning method, and we work quickly and methodically from the source of the fire out to the other parts of the structure.
When your home or business needs fire cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can help. Our fire restoration technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to mitigate and remediate fire damage. Call us today at 630-384-1040. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Prepare NOW with an Emergency Ready Profile
Plan now with a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile.
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
This is what is covered in our Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)
- A no-cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that contains only critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides Facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority area, and priority contact information
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Call SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle at 630-384-1040.
Use Technology to Create a Home Inventory
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can handle your storm damage emergency.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can help you clean up after a storm.
We know that having an up-to-date inventory of household items and belongings helps insurance claims to settle faster. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for using technology to make your home inventory easier.
- Take pictures – Create a photo record of your belongings. Capture important individual items as well as entire rooms, closets, or drawers. Label your photos with what’s pictured, where you bought it, the make or model—whatever information might be important to replacing and/or getting reimbursed for the item. Use your smartphone or digital camera—some give you the capability to put in the description of the item when saving the photo.
- Tape it – Walk through your house or apartment videotaping and describing the contents. For example, you might describe the contents of a kitchen cabinet: “Poppies on Blue by Lenox, service for 12 that includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, cup, and saucer. Purchased in 2015.”
- Use an app – There are many mobile app options that can help you create and store a room-by-room record of your belongings.
Call Us Today!
If you experience storm damage, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is available 24-hours a day to help. Call us today at 630-384-1040.
SERVPRO can provide Reconstruction Services
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle provides reconstruction services.
In addition to water mitigation, fire cleanup, and mold remediation, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle also offers reconstruction services. After our professionals are done with drying out a property or removing smoke-damaged materials, we can put your home or business back together just like the way it was before the damage occurred.
Here are just some of the reconstruction services SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle offers:
- Drywall repair and installation
- Floor repair and replacement
- Kitchen and bath installation and remodeling
- Cabinet and trim replacement
- Insulation installation
- Ceiling repair
- Fixture replacement
The convenience and savings of working with one company to assist with mitigation and repairs can be significant. We are a one stop shop for all of your construction needs. SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has experienced professionals that believe in delivering quality workmanship. Please contact us at 630-384-1040.
Be Ready for the Rain
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle can help with your water damage emergency.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle restores water damage 24-hours a day, and our fast emergency response time prevents secondary damage in many cases. Rainwater intrusion is a common cause of water damage that impacts residential and business owners. Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety for protecting your home or business from rainwater intrusion:
Maintain Gutters and Downspouts
- Clean gutters and downspouts twice a year, ideally in the spring and fall, to prevent clogs that can cause water damage to your roof
- Keep trees trimmed and away from the roof to prevent leaves from clogging gutters
- If there is standing water, adjust the gutters so they gently slope toward the downspout allowing water to drain
- Ensure downspouts funnel water away from the building to prevent water from accumulating at the foundation or entering the basement
Water Damage Restoration Process
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle is available 24-hours a day to help. Please contact us at 630-384-1040.
Keep Your Business Running
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle provides several commercial restoration services.
SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle understands the need to keep your business operational, even after an emergency. If your business experiences a fire, water leak, or a mold problem, we are available to help. We offer flexible solutions and work after hours or around the clock to complete your restoration project. Our highly trained professionals will respond quickly and provide the expertise to get the job done right.
We offer the following Commercial Services:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Upholstery and Drapes Cleaning
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Wheaton / Glen Ellyn / Lisle has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Please contact us at 630-384-1040.